Our Music Programmes
Reading music and playing a musical instrument is a complex activity that comprises motor and multisensory (auditory, visual, and sensory) integration. Music also has a well-known impact on the emotional state. Here at Vince Music Art Studio, we believe that passion and interest fuels the learning curves and aim to ignite that passion within our students. When you learn with us, you get acquire
- Coordination – hand eye coordination while reading the notes as a new language
- Hearing awareness – training your ear to hear pitches and tones
- Cognitive Development – various studies have shown that piano improves memory, neural pathways and neuroplasticity, and spatial-temporal functions.
- Fine and Gross Motor Skills – Different techniques can be used to help work different fine and gross motor skills.
- Improved musical condition and brain activity- attention, impulse-control, and decision-making processes are fine-tuned through drumming
- Physical therapy and stress relief – Drumming results in less hormonal stress response, and induces relaxation.
- Improved social skills such as team work, self-esteem, discipline.
This ABRSM’s Theory of Music course programme gives students
opportunities to acquire:
- a knowledge of the notation of western music, including the signs and terminology commonly emplayed
- an understanding of fundamental musical elements such as intervals, keys, scales and chords
- skill in constructing balanced rhythmic patterns or completing given melodic or harmonic structures
- an ability to apply theoretical knowledge and understanding to score analysis
- Unlike a piano and drums, you can bring along your guitar when going out, and play it for or with others.
- Create your own style- Once you get your basic techniques in place, the versatility of the guitar can bring you through different genres and style.
- Fine and gross motor skills developed through nimble fingers and muscle memory of various chords and plucking methods.
- Improved social skills such as team work, self esteem,and discipline
- Coordination – hand eye coordination while reading notes and handling fingering.
- Heighten your sense of listening by increasing your sensitivity to pitch.
- Strength of lungs through practicing breathing exercises